Weblog version 1.4

Version 1.4 of my weblog system is now up and running, and you’re looking at it. This includes the ability to categorize entries and sort results by topic, a new field for whatever is the current track that I am listening to during the post. (Like right now it’s Pat M’weeney playing.) I also streamlined the RSS generation process a bit, and there were lots of changes on the back end overall.

I found many new bugs in Dreamweaver during this process. I have come to the realization that, although Dreamweaver is a huge productivity-enhancing tool, it will always take me only 70% to 80% of the way there. There are always bugs that need to be cleaned up. There are always things I want to do that Dreamweaver doesn’t, or that I can just do faster in a text editor. But still, that initial 70% to 80% is quite a lot, and it beats any other web development tool that I’ve tried.