I’ve been using Firefox at work lately, and figured it was time to make the switch on my home machine. But I’ve been using Safari for a long time now, and all my bookmarks are in there. But making the switch was relatively painless.
To make the switch to Firefox, here’s what I did:
- Download Firefox and install it
- Download the Safari Bookmark Exporter and install it
- Run the Safari Bookmark Exporter – first click Analyze Bookmarks, select Phoenix/Firebird/Firefox (WTF?) then click Export Bookmarks.
- When you click Export Bookmarks, the Safari Bookmark Exporter will try to overwrite your Firefox bookmarks.html file if it exists. Click Save and agree to delete the existing one.
- Poof – your bookmarks are now in Firefox.
- Now go install bunches of cool Firefox extensions like Web Developer and Gmail Notifier!